I don’t have a photo yet as my camera died over dinner but I will be having this again tomorrow night and get a photo then.
ETA: Oops!! I did have another chocolate pot for dinner but I ate it. Ah well, I’ll just have to make then again some time. Have a blurry unfocused photo for now just trust me when I say these are divine!
Petit Pots de Creme au Chocolat Recipe
Makes 6 average ramekins
600ml single cream
225g plain chocolate
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 whole egg
5 egg yolks
40g caster sugar
– Heat the oven to Gas mark 2.
– In a large heavy bottomed pan place the cream, the vanilla and the chocolate, broken into pieces, and gently heat while stirring until the chocolate is melted and the mixture smooth. Then remove from the heat.
– In a separate jug mix together the whole egg, the yolks and the sugar.
– Mix the eggs and sugar into the chocolate while stirring constantly.
– Pour the mixture into ramekins and cover with individual caps of tin foil.
– Place the ramekins in a roasting tin filled with water to half way up the ramekins.
– Bake for 1 hour then remove and chill before serving with Orange Blossom Cream.
Orange Blossom Cream Recipe20g icing sugar
1 tbsp orange flower water (I found mine in Sainsburys)
100ml whipping cream (although double will do)
– Mix together the icing sugar and orange flower water until all the lumps are gone.
– Add the cream and then use an electric whisk to beat the cream until it holds soft peaks.