Makes 2 large cookies
50g plain flour
10g cocoa powder
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1/8 tsp salt
50g unsalted butter, softened
25g caster sugar
15g dark brown sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
25g dark chocolate chips
Pinch of sea salt flakes
– Heat the oven to 180°C/ gas mark 4.
– Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a small bowl.
– Cream together the butter, sugars and vanilla.
– Add a spoonful of the dry mix to the butter mix and beat well to combine.
– Gradually add the remaining flour mix, beating well between additions until a smooth, dark dough is formed.
– Add the chocolate chips and mix in.
– Divide the dough in two, press down into rounds on a baking tray and sprinkle with the salt flakes.
– Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies are ready when the tops have cracked. If the tops aren’t cracked, they’re not done.
– Remove from the oven and leave on the tray for at least 5 minutes. This is very important! The cookies will be soft when they come out but will solidify in those 5 minutes. Leave them a further 10 minutes before eating for best results.