Parmesan dumplings are my new favourite comfort carb. They go well with anything, tomato based or traditional stock based stew. They work great in the slow cooker or in the oven. They’re fantastic!
Makes 8 dumplings
80g unsalted butter
150g self raising flour
50g parmesan + extra for sprinkling
2 tsp parsley
– Rub together the butter, flour and salt.
– Add the parmesan and parsley and mix.
– Add the milk and bring together to form a soft dough.
– Divide into 8 and add to the top of your stew.
– Cook for 2 hours if in the slow cooker, 30 minutes if in the oven.