250g orzo pasta
500ml chicken stock
125g bacon lardons
150g baby button mushrooms
1/2 bag spinach
– Heat a little garlic oil in a large lidded pan.
– Add the lardons and mushrooms and a little salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes.
– And the orzo, stir until mixed evenly and cook for a minute.
– Add the chicken stock, bring to a boil then turn down the heat, add the spinach and put the lid on.
– Simmer for 15 minutes, until all of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t catch on the bottom of the pan.
– Turn off the heat, add a knob of butter, stir and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
– Serve with Parmesan or a poached egg on top.