Next up we have these Ricotta Veggie Lasagna Rolls using your home made Ricotta! These make a really nice lunch or light supper for 2. I like variety so I made 2 different kinds. Green Pesto and Courgette and Red Pesto and Red Pepper.
I think that my favourite kind were the Green Pesto and Courgette but that’s probably because I am crazy about anything with courgette in. I love it!
These are a little bit tricky to make but only in the sense of lots of little steps. It doesn’t take long to prep or assemble these! You can even make them ahead and then refrigerate until you are ready to cook them if you’d rather get the prep done at a quieter time.
4 sheets lasagna pasta
2 cups fresh spinach
1 roasted bell pepper (I keep the lightly pickled jars of them as a store cupboard staple)
1 ramekin Ricotta (Your yield will vary, I used all of mine)
1 tbsp green pesto
1 tbsp red pesto
Tomato pasta sauce (Awesome Sauce is a good one but if you use a jar I won’t tell!)*
1/2 cup grated cheese
– Heat your oven to gas mark 6 or so.
– Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add your pasta sheets. Cook for 10 minutes (or according to packet instructions).
– Carefully remove the pasta from the water (keep the water!) and lay flat on a plate or chopping board.
– Take your courgette and very thinly slice it lengthways so you have slices about 1/8″. I used a mandolin but with a steady hand you can do this by hand.
– Place your courgette in a sieve and lower the sieve into the boiling water, balancing it on the side of the pan. Cook for 2 minutes then lift the sieve and drain.
– Put your spinach in the sieve and lower it into the boiling water. It should wilt in less than a minute, then remove and drain.
– Split your ricotta in two and mix the green pesto in to one and the red pesto in to the other.
– Take a sheet of lasagna, spread a layer of the ricotta on it, leaving a good 1″ gap at the end.
– Layer over your spinach and then your courgette or pepper.
– Lightly spray your baking dish with oil.
– Carefully roll the lasagna sheet towards the gap. The filling will move with the roll and start to fill the gap, it may even squish out a little. This is ok!
– Carefully lift the roll into the baking dish.
– When they are all ready pour over the pasta sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
– You can pause here if you like and finish cooking later.
– Put into the oven and cook for about 20 -30 minutes until the cheese is nice and melted and everything is piping hot.
* But really, make the Awesome Sauce. It is actually AWESOME!
One response to “Ricotta Veggie Lasagna Rolls”
I love cannelloni ricotta and spinach, yummy 😊😊😊