1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tins chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp herbes de provence
– Gently fry the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt in oil until soft.
– Add the tinned tomatoes and half a can of water then add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
– Cover and simmer on a low heat for half an hour stirring periodically.*
– Serve with pasta and mozerella.
* The full flavours will develop in this time, if you’re in a rush just don’t add the extra water and heat until it’s bubbling then serve.