Serves 4 hungry people
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g minced beef
2 tins chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
1 beef stock cube
3 tbsp herbes de provence
good pinch pepper
– Fry the onion and garlic in olive oil with a pinch of salt in a large pan for a few minutes until soft.
– Add the beef and cook until browned.
– Add the rest of the ingredients and mix thoroughly so all the ingredients are evenly combined.
– Simmer for 45 minutes with a lid on stiring periodically to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
– Serve with spaghetti and grated parmesan.
Variations – I like to have mushrooms in this, I think it’s a hang over from school dinners. Just add a few sliced ones along with the tomatoes.