Much though I try to like smoked salmon on its own, I just can’t get over the texture. I love the taste though! My solution is to work it into cooked dishes as much as possible so I can enjoy the flavour without the gag inducing texture! This quick weeknight salmon and prawn dish works a treat and it’s so simple to throw together while the pasta is cooking.
It’s a looker too, the peas give it a nice bit of pizzaz and the spirals of the prawns and spaghetti please me! For a dish that takes about 10 minutes to cook you can’t go wrong!
200g spaghetti (or linguine, tagliatelle etc, go nuts!)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (or use the pureed stuff in a tube!)
200g smoked salmon
1/2 cup frozen peas
150g king prawns (cooked)
150ml creme fraiche
1/2 tsp chopped parsley (dried or fresh)
– Get the water boiling, salted and the pasta in. Most pastas take 10 minutes but check your packet for instructions.
– Heat a splash of olive oil in a small saucepan.
– Add the garlic and smoked salmon and cook until the salmon is all flaked and has turned pale and opaque.
– Add the frozen peas and cook for a few minutes until defrosted and bright green.
– Add the prawns.
– Add the creme fraiche and parsley and cook until heated through and just bubbling.
– Add salt and pepper to taste, I find the salmon doesn’t usually need any additional salt but a dash of freshly ground black pepper does wonders!
– Your pasta should be done by now so drain it off and divide between your bowls.
– Top with sauce et voila, Dinner!
One response to “Garlicy Smoked Salmon, Prawn and Pea Pasta”