A recipe with a bit of a Japanese twist today! This Grilled Salon with Miso Soba Noodles is quick (about 10 minutes to cook), simple and delicious! What’s not to love about that? Oh and it’s super healthy for you too!
You marinate the salmon the night before (or even for a few days, it won’t spoil it!) and then simply pop it on the grill while you cook your noodles. 10 minutes, done and dusted!
I actually made this for my lunches during what I knew was going to be a hectic week. I needed good quality food, full of nutrients that would tempt me to actually stop and eat rather than grabbing something worthless on the fly. This dish is delicious either hot or cold. If you haven’t had cold noodles during a heat wave I urge you to give it a go, they’re divine!
2 salmon fillets
2 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp mirin
1 bundle soba noodles
1 sachet tofu and wakame miso soup
edamame to serve
– Place your salmon in a sealable watertight bag and add the soy sauce and mirin.
– Leave in the fridge to marinate overnight or longer.
– When ready to cook simply place the salmon on a health grill or in a frying pan. If cooking in a pan remember to flip over then the colour has changed half way up. Pour the marinating liquid over the top (being careful of run off for the health grill!)
– Prepare the soba according to packet instructions (usually cook for about 4 minutes in boiling water).
– Drain the noodles (don’t be too thorough) and then add the miso paste and dried wakame and tofu bits. Add a little splash of hot water to slacken.
– Stir well to coat the noodles in miso.
– Serve with edamame if you fancy them!