1 mozzerella ball
2 salad tomatoes
1/2 a red onion
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp basil leaves shredded
– Slice the ciabatta on the diagonal into slices about 1.5cm thick and rub a split garlic clove all over.
– Brush with olive oil on both sides.
– Place on a health grill or very hot griddle or even under the grill.
– Chop the tomatoes, mozzerella and red onion into small chunks and mix together.
– Crush one garlic clove into the mix and combine thoroughly.
– When the bread slices are thoroughly toasted and crisp place on a plate and spoon a tablespoon of the mixture on to the top.
An excellent low fat burger option. Delicious and nutritious!
Chilli Turkey Burgers
500g turkey mince
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tbsp fresh corriander, chopped
1 tbsp mint, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
– Mix together all of the ingredients in a large bowl using your hand. Make sure all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
– Divide the mixture into four and shape into patties by slapping the mixture between your hands to remove the air, then shaping it into round burgers.
– Place the burgers on a plate and cover then leave to chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
– Cook under the grill or on a bbq for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
– Serve on buns with lettuce, Red Onion and Tomato Salsa and creme fraiche.
Red Onion and Tomato Salsa
1/2 a red onion, chopped
12 baby plum or cherry tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp fresh corriander, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped
2 tbsp lime juice
– Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl, mix thoroughly and leave at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
Filed under Easy, Mains, Sides
Makes enough for 4
1 onion, chopped
300g risotto rice
100ml white wine
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 red peppers, chopped
500ml vegetable stock
a handful of fresh parsley, chopped
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6.
– Fry the onion in a little oil in a large, ovenproof pan until softened.
– Add the rice and fry for 1 minute.
– Add the wine an stir until absorbed.
– Add the tomatoes, peppers and 400ml of the stock.
– Cover and bake for 40 minutes in the oven.
– Take out of the oven and stir in the parsley. Serve with grated parmesan and creme fraiche.
For a more varied dish add other vegetables like mushrooms or meat like cooked chicken or smoked sausage. It’s a great throw it all in one pan dish and you can add just about anything you like to it.