If you’re a first time skier it can be daunting figuring out which bits of kit are necessary. It’s tempting to buy one of everything you see but this can be a very expensive hobby that way! (Heck, it’s already an expensive hobby, good job it’s so much FUN!) Here is a list of my skiing essentials to help guide your purchases!
1. Ski Snood/Balaclava – Easy to fit under a helmet and wearable in many different ways according to the conditions.
2. Sun Screen Lip Balm – Saves you from fumbling about and dropping it all the time, and saves your lips from chapping!
3. Goggles – No one likes snow in their face!
4. Touchscreen Inner Gloves – You know you’ll want to snap a chair lift selfie, do it without getting frostbite!
5. Ski Jacket – Warm and waterproof, this truly is an absolute essential!
6. Merino Wool Thermals – The wool is super warm and naturally antibacterial too, which stops you getting sweaty and stinky!
7. Ski Gloves – Waterproof gloves are a must, wet, soggy inner gloves are horrid!
8. Salopettes – Keep your bum and legs warm and dry!
9. Merino Wool Ski Socks – Nobody likes cold toes but you don’t want to add too much bulk of your boots won’t fit properly.
10. Ski Ties – Makes transporting your skis to and from the pistes a doddle, and stashing them while you grab a hot drink too!
11. Lift Pass Holder – Makes it so simple to whip out your pass and get on those slopes!
… Skis, boots and poles would certainly come in handy, but as I always hire mine in resort I’ve left them off the list! If your rental company don’t supply a helmet make sure you get one, better safe than sorry, kids!
(Links go to my Amazon Associates if you fancy buying things!)
I’m jetting off for 2 weeks to visit my sister in Canada and to do some skiing! Now, I like to plan ahead so I’ve been doing lots of research and list making for this trip. I thought I’d share my thoughts on what to pack for the flight ahead of me. If you have any ideas I’d love to hear them!
1. Eye Mask – You know you’ll want to ignore the world around you at some point. Also handy when reaching your destination, especially when jetlag hits!
2. Ear Plugs – Lets you block out any crying babies or loud headphones and get some shut eye.
3. Refillable Water Bottle – I get so easily dehydrated, a water bottle I can refill after security is a must!
4. Warm Scarf – I am always too cold on flights so a big, warm scarf is perfect to snuggle into.
5. Inflatable Neck Pillow – Economy seats are never comfortable. A good neck pillow helps ease the pain somewhat!
6. Gold Collagen Face Mask – Great to refresh my skin but mostly I use these coz I think it’s funny to freak people out… sorry!
7. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream – A classic for a reason, hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
8. Cocoa Butter Lip Balm – Again, I need all the moisture I can get. This also contains an SPF so it’s great for taking on holiday!
9. Kindle Fire – All of my entertainment in one place, this think can keep me amused for as long as the battery can hold out!
10. Double USB Charger – Not so useful on the plane but great in hotels and trains to help keep my electronics going!
11. SNACKS – Nothing worse than getting the munchies at 30,000 feet and having nothing to eat until mealtime… whenever they decide that might be!
12. iPhone – Keeps me in contact and keeps my music going.
13. Magazines – May be your battery dies, may be you’re just bored. I always like to take at least 1 traditional print magazine just in case.
14. Ear Buds – Comfy ear buds are a must, your ears will not thank you for filling them with hard, uncomfortable ear phones!
… and let’s not forget passports and boarding passes!
(Links go to my Amazon Associates, if you fancy buying things!)