These Vegan Hot Chocolate Spoons are a lovely thing to make as a gift, or just to keep on hand for those chocolate cravings that spring up from time to time!
They’re quick and easy to whip up, you just need to allow time for them to set.
I’ve tried mine with Almond milk, which is my go to dairy alternative, and also with regular cow’s milk, which obviously negates their Vegan heritage! But they’re delicious either way! What you always need to make sure of when you’re working with chocolate is that you enjoy the chocolate you’re starting with! If you start with a delicious chocolate then you will end up with a delicious finished product.
Makes ~14 spoons
200g dark chocolate (make sure it’s vegan!)
50g coconut oil
2 tbsp cocoa powder
– Melt the chocolate either slowly in a microwave or over a pan of boiling water, whichever method you prefer. Heat it until 90% melted then take off the heat and allow the last lumps to melt with the residual heat.
– Stir in the coconut oil and the cocoa powder and mix until smooth.
– Pour carefully into an ice cube tray so that each hole is just filled, clean up any spillages so you have a clean edge.
– Place in the fridge for 10 minutes until starting to solidify then poke the spoons so that they stand upright. You can leave them to set at room temperature too but this will take a lot longer.
– Put them back in the fridge until fully set, an hour will do it, them unmould and place in plastic bags to keep them.
– To use, simply pop into a mug of hot milk (alternative) of your choice and stir!