First up in new ways to use your Homemade Cottage Cheese we have this nice light and zesty pasta sauce. Chicken and bacon combine with lemon zest, peas and broad beans to give a dish that is light yet satisfyingly hearty, the perfect balance for this time of year!
1 chicken breast, diced
125g smoked bacon lardons
1/2 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup frozen broad beans
1 clove garlic, crushed
3/4 cup of cottage cheese (approximately half my yield, this will vary!)
4 tbsp creme fraiche
zest of 1 lemon
2 cups spinach
150g wholewheat pasta
1 ball mozzarella
– Heat a small splash of oil in a large frying pan.
– Add the chicken breast and bacon lardons and cook until the chicken is browning and the bacon crispy.
– Add the peas, beans and garlic and cook until totally defrosted.
– Add the cottage cheese, the creme fraiche and the lemon.
– Season to taste with salt and pepper.
– Cook on a low heat until the cheese has melted to give a smooth sauce.
– Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions. For the last minute throw in the spinach.
– Drain and divide between two bowls.
– Scatter with mozzarella and top with sauce.