This recipe is easy peasy lemon squeasy and DELCIOUS! I have an unholy love for cauliflower and it all started because of this recipe!
So quick, so simple, so delicious! It makes an excellent side dish for any curry, or even just with a roast (with cumin or without,it’s up to you!) I confess, if I’m making this and there are leftovers I often just snack on this coldas I’m passing it in the kitchen, it’s so good!!!
Serves 4 (or 1 Anna)
1 large head cauliflower
1 tbsp cumin seeds
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C.
– Chop the cauliflower into florets.
– Put it in an oven proof baking dish.
– Drizzle with oil.
– Scatter with cumin seeds and a pinch of sea salt.
– Roast for 30 minutes until browned.
Once again Smitten Kitchen came up with a complete corker of a recipe. I absolutely adore this side dish, whether with a curry or as a side to a Sunday Roast. I was never a huge fan of cauliflower, I mean I liked it but it never rocked my world. This totally rocks my world. Tasty and healthy and eminently scoffable, what more could you ask for?
I have to say, I go much more low key with it and leave the pomegranate etc out of it. I have to admit, it doesn’t look half as good without but it is still just as delicious. Sometimes I go the whole hog and use my red onion yogurt dip, other times I just add a pinch of salt to some yogurt and leave it at that.
Serves 4 as a side
1 large head of cauliflower
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
300ml natural yogurt
pinch of salt
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6.
– Cut the cauliflower into florets and then break the larger florets into bitesized chunks.
– Place the florets in an oven dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
– Toss to coat.
– Sprinkle over the cumin seeds and a good grinding of salt and pepper.
– Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
– For the yogurt dip simply mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
– Serve with whatever you wish.