I love wild garlic! It’s such a lovely, seasonal, easy to forage ingredient. But it has a relatively short season so I’m all about ways to preserve this fabulous flavour. This year I’ve made wild garlic salt and oh my goodness it is a game changer! Making this couldn’t be simpler, it just takes time to dehydrate the salt once the garlic is combined.
500g rock salt
Large bunch wild garlic
– First off, clean your garlic of any bugs or non garlicky bits.
– Put half of your salt and all of your garlic in a food processor and blitz until the garlic is finely ground into a paste with the salt.
– Add the rest of the salt and pulse until all evenly combined and browns down to your favoured consistency for salt.
– Spread evenly over dehydrator sheets.
– Leave to dehydrate overnight.
– Crumble up and store in airtight jars until needed.