Splash of olive oil
2tbsp corn flour
100ml white wine
1 pint milk
90g mature cheddar, grated
1 ball mozzarella, shredded
3tbsp Parmesan, grated
125g lardons (or chopped bacon)
– Heat a large pan and add the butter and oil.
– Add the orzo and stir so it is coated.
– Add the corn flour and stir well.
– Add the white wine, stir.
– Add the milk and salt and bring to a simmering boil.
– After about 5 minutes add the cheeses. Stir well until the cheeses all melt in.
– Simmer on a low heat until all of the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is just al dente.
– Turn off the heat and leave to sit for 5 minutes.
– Heat a small pan and add the bacon lardons. Cook until crispy.
– Add the lardons to the orzo and stir in.
A pan fried chicken breast makes a great addition to this to make it a bigger meal, you could also add other things to the orzo such as spinach, mushrooms or peas to get a veggie in there.