Sometimes you need cake. Chocolate Cake. Special Cake. And sometimes you need two Very Special Mini Chocolate Cakes!
One for you, one for a friend… Or something! Mini cake is always a good idea, right?
Basic Cake Mix:
180g self raising flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 pinch salt
40g cocoa powder
125g caster sugar
150ml olive oil
2 tbsp golden syrup
– Heat the oven to gas mark 4 and grease and line your chosen cake tins.
– Sift the flour, bicarbonate, salt and cocoa into a large mixing bowl.
– Mix the sugar and wet ingredients together in a large jug.
– Stir the wet I to the dry and mix well until thoroughly combined.
– Divide between your chosen cake tins.
– Bake! 4″ tins should take around 25-30 minutes, 8″ sandwich tins around 30-40 minutes and if you want to bake it all as one huge cake (23cm springform) then you’re looking at about an hour. Check regularly and test to ale sure a skewer comes out clean before removing from the oven.
Chocolate Fudge Icing:
200g icing sugar
45g cocoa powder
4 tablespoons milk
– Melt the butter in a medium saucepan.
– Sift in the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
– Add the milk and mix well until smooth.
– Leave to cool and thicken before spreading on the cakes or pour over as a glaze.