If you’re quick you may just get to the last of the wild garlic in a shady spot. The distinctive smell should guide you!
This is a quick easy supper that takes advantage of the wild food available for such a short season. Although, I admit, I grow some ‘wild’ garlic in a container in my garden for convenience and I always find gnocchi very satisfying after a long day in the garden!
1 pack gnocchi (I use giant gnocchi here but regular ones work just as well)
200ml double cream
2 tbsp green pesto
a good handful of wild garlic leaves, washed and slices into ribbons
4 tbsp* freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano *at least
- Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions.
- Gently heat the cream and pesto in a small saucepan. Do not allow it to boil.
- Add the garlic leaves and Parmigiano Reggiano and make sure it’s piping hot through.
- Pour the sauce over the gnocchi in bowls.
- Excellent with some crusty bread and a crisp Riesling after a long day in the garden!
One response to “Gnocchi with Wild Garlic and Cream Sauce”
Looks soooooo good!