This one is a great Friday bake! It’s the end of the week and we’re all a bit tired. Chocolate will help. Specifically a No Bake Chocolate Truffle Torte! All of the flavour, none of the faff!
It’s a biscuit based crust with a smooth and silky chocolate ganache centre. Yum!
Look at those frills! This makes an excellent centrepiece dessert, or even an afternoon tea… I may have had it for lunch at one point too… shh!!
It’s quick, it’s simple, its packed full of chocolate. You should definitely make this!
Makes 1 8″ torte
300g chocolate biscuits (I actually used some of my Easy Chocolate Biscuits but you could use store bought too)
150g plain dark chocolate
150ml double cream
350g plain dark chocolate, broken into chunks
50g white chocolate to decorate
- Crush the biscuits into crumbs. You can leave some chunks if you like but I prefer crumbs.
- Melt the first 150g chocolate and mix with the biscuits.
- Press evenly into a fluted ring (the one I use doesn’t have a base, it rests on a baking sheet and lifts off). Use the back of a spoon for a smooth surface.
- Heat the double cream in a small pan until at a full rolling boil.
- Put the 350g chocolate and butter in a mixing bowl.
- Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and butter.
- Leave it for a minute or two, then mix to form a smooth ganache with no lumps. The cream should be hot enough to melt all of the chocolate if you squish it against the side of the bowl.
- Pour the ganache into the biscuit shell.
- Melt the white chocolate and drizzle or pipe over the top of the ganache to decorate.
- Leave to set for at least 1 hour before serving.
2 responses to “No Bake Chocolate Truffle Torte”
NOT FAIR. This looks TOO delicious! Someone hand me a napkin, I’m salivating… 🙂 (Seriously though, it looks amazing and I may be making it for someone else’s birthday soon!)
Haha! It’s so easy and soooo good! Proper chocolate indulgence! Hope you get to make it soon!