These Courgette Fritters are so quick and easy to whip up and make a delicious side dish to accompany any number of dishes! They’re also pretty good as a brunch option with poached egg and bacon!
They’re pillowy soft and have a nice crisp to the outside. I absolutely adore them!
I love that such relatively simple ingredients can come together to make something so tasty!
I also love how quickly I can whip these up. Especially if I already have courgettes grated from making say, a Spiced Chocolate Courgette Cake!
Makes 6-10 Fritters (Depending on the size of your courgette, its moisture content and the size of your fritters!)
1 large ish courgette, grated (Use the food processor attachment if you have one!)
1 tsp salt
1 large egg
fresh ground black pepper
1/2 cup plain flour
- Place your grated courgette in a sieve over a bowl or sink and springle with salt. Leave it for 5-20 minutes.
- Gently press out any liquid.
- Combine the courgette, egg and pepper in a mixing bowl, give it a good stir!
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Heat a few tbsp oil in a heavy frying pan (cast iron is great).
- Add a few spoonfuls of your mixture, well spaced, and press down slightly to level.
- Cook for a few minutes until crisp and golden brown then flip over and cook for another few minutes until golden brown on the bottom and feeling solid when pressed in the centre.
- Place on paper towel on a plate and leave in a warm oven while you repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Enjoy as a side to a main meal, serve for an unusual brunch, take on a picnic, whatever takes your fancy!