These yummy ribs are based off the recipe my mother has been using for family BBQs since forever! I gave them a bit more of an Asian twist and I prefer to slow cook my ribs rather than BBQ them… although give it a couple of months and I’ll be more than happy to BBQ!
They’re deliciously sticky and moreish! Make sure you have napkins on hand!
You start with a nice long soak in a marinade. I love these Pour and Store bags for things like this, they seal nice and tight and don’t take up too much space in the fridge.
700g / ~8 pork ribs
4 tbsp dark soy sauce
4 tbsp mirin
4 tbsp sake
4 tbsp honey
~6 whole cloves
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 small mug cold black tea (Yorkshire Teabags are Best!)
– Put everything in a sealable bag or bowl and mix well.
– Leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
– Place in a shallow oven safe dish.
– Cook for 1 1/2 hours at gas mark 5 / 190C.
– Serve with sticky rice and stir fried vegetables.