This creamy, low fat, chicken curry is so comforting. It’s not too spicy, just a little bit of warmth to buck you up after a cold day!
The creaminess comes from Greek yogurt, after that it’s simply onion, spices, stock and chicken breast. It’s not too tricky and you get so much flavour for minimal effort!
Serves 2 (although can very easily be scaled up!)
1 onion, chopped
1 tbsp garam masala
1 tsp ground cumin
1tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp dried (or fresh) coriander leaves
1 tsp nigella seeds
1/4 tsp turmeric
1 stock cube
300ml boiling water
1 large chicken breast, diced
250g greek yogurt
– Heat a splash of oil in a large, depp frying pan.
– Add the onion and cook until soft.
– Add the spices and cook, stirring for a few minutes.
– Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is just white.
– Add the stock cube and water.
– Bring to a simmer and leave on a low heat for 20 minutes. You want the liquid to reduce until the spoon leaves a trail through the sauce.
– Remove from the heat and stir through the yogurt.
– Serve with rice and Cumin Roasted Cauliflower.