This recipe came about because I had half a tin of condensed milk sitting in the fridge… it had been there a while. How long I could not say but significantly longer that I was happy with… but it was still good and it seemed a shame to waste it so I decided to transform it into dog treats!
These ones are a little bit naughtier as they have the sugar from the condensed milk in them. Darcy was such a big fan of the cinnamon rolls I made that I thought he should have his own cinnamon treats. He LOVES them! Never has he been so obedient! I think he prefers the balls as they are a little chewier, he certainly seems to enjoy them no matter the shape though!
Makes ~100 small treats
1/2 tin condensed milk (~200g)
1 cup oats
1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
1 tsp cinnamon
– Heat the oven to gas mark 5/190C.
– Mix all of the ingredients together until they form a soft dough. (If this is still very wet add a little more flour. It sort of depends on how much condensed milk you’ve started with and how dry your flour is.)
– Either roll out and cut out shapes or simply pinch off balls of dough and shape into balls. (Use plenty of flour if rolling, this is a sticky dough!)
– Place on a baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until just golden brown. (The longer you bake them the harder they get, if your dog doesn’t like rock solid treats then give them less time.)
– Leave to cool and then store in an airtight tin.