If you have ever set foot on Pinterest you will have seen these babies. The humble hassleback potato. And may be you’ve simply looked at them and thought “Yeah, not worth the effort for a potato.” well, I’m sorry but YOU WERE WRONG! These things are so very much worth the effort, and it is such a small amount of effort at that!
These potatoes are crispy and salty, soft and chewy, crunchy and pillowy and DELICIOUS!!!!! They are all good things in potato form and what’s more, they look smashing too!
Makes… however many you want really!
1 large potato
– Take your potato and carefully slice into it so that you stop just shy of going all the way through.
– Slice every couple of mm along until the whole potato is done.
– Place on a baking dish and drizzle liberally with good olive oil.
– Scatter with a pinch of sea salt.
– Cook in the oven for 45 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
– Eat as a side, main, heck, make mini ones and do canapes!