A popular deli counter option but did you know how quick and easy roasted vegetable couscous could be to prepare? Really, all it takes is a tiny bit of chopping and the rest is time!
You can roast whatever vegetables you fancy too. If you really can’t stand roasted tomatoes, leave them out! Love roasted cauliflower (and you should!), then pop it in! Got some leftover parsnips looking a bit suspicious? Hey, shove them in, no one will notice! I like to stick to Mediterranean vegetables for the most part, with the occasional bit of cauliflower or sweet potato thrown in for fun! The quantities don’t really matter and this is a great way to use up odds and ends in the fridge.
Mediterranean Vegetables, For Example:
~ 1/2 aubergine
12 cherry tomatoes
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
2 red onions
1 teacup of dry couscous
1/2 a vegetable stock cube
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C.
– Chop up your veggies into bite sized pieces.
– Place on a roasting tray.
– Drizzle with olive oil.
– Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
– Roast for 30 minutes.
– Take 1 teacup of dry couscous and your stock cube and put it in a serving bowl.
– Take 1 teacup of boiling water and add to the couscous.
– Give it a little swirl and then leave it for ~ 20 minutes.
– Come back and fluff it up with a fork.
– Take your veggies out of the oven and tip into the couscous.
– Mix and enjoy! Can be served hot or cold, however you fancy it. Makes a fabulous main or a nice little side dish.
The roasted veggies are super versatile and the couscous super quick! Make up a huge tray of veggies and save yourself some prep work for meals later in the week!