My pancake day creation! I had two over ripe bananas left over from making banana muffins and they were praying on my mind. Then Shrove Tuesday rolled around and I had a pancake epiphany… Banana pancakes!
Then I started to mull it over more. Banana was good but what could make it better, Nutella? Well, yes, but what if I could make it even more awesome? My mind supplied pecans and then immediately jumped to my favourite Ben and Jerry’s ice cream flavour, The Vermonster! Maple, pecan, caramel, yum! I wanted to bring the two together and so, Banana Maple Pecan Pancakes were born.
2 over ripe bananas
1 tsp vanilla extract
125g self raising flour
pinch of salt
1 tbsp maple syrup
50g pecans, chopped
– Get a pancake pan or shallow frying pan heating on the hob to a medium high heat.
– Take a jug and mash your bananas up with a fork.
– Add all of the ingredients apart from the pecans and mix well so you have a smooth batter.
– Grease your pan with butter.
– Pour 1/6th of the batter out for each pancake. The size of your pan will dictate how many you can cook at once. They should be about the size of a saucer.
– Scatter the pecans over the wet batter.
– When bubbles rise to the surface of your batter it’s time to flip your pancake.
– Continue to cook the pancake for another minute then remove from he pan and continue with the rest of the batter.
– Keep the cooked pancakes warm while you’re cooking the rest.
– Serve with lashings of maple syrup and, if you have it, I highly recommend Vermonster Ben and Jerry’s ice cream to finish it off!