Now, this isn’t the most thrilling post ever, I’ll grant you. But I have been whipping up a batch of smoothies ever Sunday evening for a few weeks now so this is most definitley what’s happening in my kitchen!
I never manage to eat breakfast before I leave the house of a morning. I will always, ALWAYS choose to have that extra 5 minutes sleep. And when I get to York… well, those sausage sandwiches from Greggs are mighty tasty! By the time I’m at my desk it’s all systems go and I just don’t really have time to eat something. Thus, smoothies!
They go in a bottle* so you only need one hand free to have them. No chewing needed so you can still answer the phone, and they are made of fruit, milk and yogurt, all healthy, all breakfast foods! I favour the basic strawberry and banana but if there’s other fruit around, kiwis or peaches for example they they get thrown in there too!
Makes 5x 250ml
3 bananas, roughly chopped
200g strawberries, hulled
200ml vanilla yogurt
milk to top up
– Put the bananas, strawberries and yogurt in an upright blender.
– Top up with milk until around the 1250ml mark. If there’s fruit piled up above that mark go below by a similar distance.
– Blitz until smooth.
– If you don’t have the 1250ml needed add more milk to get you there and blitz again.
– Pour into bottles and refrigerate until needed.
– Grab one each morning and you’re good to go! Just give a good shake before drinking to mix it all up again.
* I use the Starbucks Frappucino bottles. They’re the perfect size and a nice thick glass, which keeps cool nicely during my commute. Asda sell the Frappucinos for about £1 usually and I have a weakness for iced coffees so I have a collection now. Just peel away the labels (they come away quite easily) and wash thoroughly after each use.