Makes ~30 biscuits
325g plain flour
125g caster sugar
zest of 1 lemon
2 egg yolks
1/4 jar lemon curd
100g icing sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
– Heat the oven to gas mark 4/180C and line 3 baking trays.
– Put the flour and butter, chopped into pieces, in a food processor and blitz until it looks like breadcrumbs.
– Add the sugar and lemon zest and blitz until mixed in.
– Add the egg yolks and blend until it comes together to form a dough.
– Tip out onto a worksurface and bring together with your hands into a smooth ball.
– Roll out the dough on a well floured worsurface to a thickness of about 5mm. You may need to split the dough into smaller amounts to roll it out.
– Cut out using a flower shaped cutter (or any other shape you want!)
– Place on a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes until just golden. I find it best to cut out a tray of biscuits and while one is in the oven have the next resting in the fridge.
– Cool on a wire rack.
– Sandwich two biscuits with a teaspoon of lemon curd in the middle and gently press together.
– Mix together the icing sugar and enough lemon juice to form a runny drizzle. Place it in a sandwich bag and snip the corner off.
– Place the biscuits on trays and drizzle the icing back and forth over the biscuits.
– Leave the icing to dry before packing away in a tin.