Another pretty simple dish using my dream team of ingredients, bacon, mushrooms and cream. You just can’t go wrong with them! (I swear, I eat other things too! Really!) This time it’s a pasta bake, lovely and creamy and cheesy!
1/2 onion, chopped
1 clove carlic, finely chopped
200g mushrooms, quartered
125g smoked lardons
300ml double cream
200g penne pasta
1 ball mozerella
3 tbsp panko or breadcrumbs
20g grated cheddar
– Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
– In a large, oven proof pan saute the onion and garlic in a little olive oil.
– Add the mushrooms and lardons and saute until cooked.
– Add the cream and bring to a simmer.
– Season according to your taste.
– Add the cooked pastato the pan and stir until well mixed.
– Tear the mozerella into chunks and stir through the pasta.
– Scatter with breacrumbs and grated cheese.
– Either pop under the grill until browned or you can put it in the oven at gas mark 6/200C for 20 minutes of you prefer.