Sorry I haven’t been posting much, chaps! I went away last weekend and just haven’t really been cooking much these last two weeks as my food budget got spent on petrol to go down to Salisbury and see my friend who’s about to have her first child any day now! All very exciting but not exactly conducive to cooking.
However, here is something I made earlier! This meal is packed full of vegetables and the mealballs are incredibly moreish!
I was trying to go for a sort of riff on Turkish food. I definitely wanted lamb in there but tempered with the lower fat turkey to round things out a bit and add a bit of a different taste. I adore the Turkish sides of cabbage etc but decided that for something a little different a coleslaw would work these veggies in but in a new way. The couscous and roasted veggies is just a delicious dish to accompany anything.
Makes ~24 meatballs
400g lamb mince
300g turkey mince
1 onion, diced & cooked (covered in a bowl in the microwave for 1 minute on full)
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground coriander
2tsp ground cumin
1 tsp coriander leaf
4 tbsp breadcrumbs or panko
salt and pepper
200ml natural yogurt
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, crushed
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6/200C
– Add all of the ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
– Use your hands to mix them all together thoroughly until the mixture is combined and rather sticky.
– Pinch off pingpong ball sized amounts and shape into balls then place on a very large baking tray with sides (you may need 2 trays).
– Bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes, until nicely browned all over.
– In a small bowl mix the yogurt, red onion, garlic and salt together to make the dip.
– Serve the meatballs with the yogurt dip.