This is one from my new Wagamama cookbook which a colleague got me for Christmas. I thought I’d try it out because we have three tons of turkey left over and we’re still going strong! The original recipe calls for chicken but since we have all this turkey I thought I’d use that instead and save some time. It’s quick and simple and most importantly delicious!
150g soba noodles
500mls chicken stock
1 leek, white part only, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon sake
A few handfuls of cooked turkey meat
2 handfuls of baby spinach leaves, washed and roughly chopped
– Cook noodles according to the instructions on the packet drain and then refresh under cold water.
– Bring the chicken stock to the boil.
– Add the leek, soy sauce, fish sauce and sake.
– Cook for 10 minutes until the leek is soft.
– Add the turkey and the spinach bring back to the boil and then remove from heat.
– Divide the noodles between two bowls and then pour over the soup.
– Garnish with chopped spring onion if you like.