Once again Smitten Kitchen came up with a complete corker of a recipe. I absolutely adore this side dish, whether with a curry or as a side to a Sunday Roast. I was never a huge fan of cauliflower, I mean I liked it but it never rocked my world. This totally rocks my world. Tasty and healthy and eminently scoffable, what more could you ask for?
I have to say, I go much more low key with it and leave the pomegranate etc out of it. I have to admit, it doesn’t look half as good without but it is still just as delicious. Sometimes I go the whole hog and use my red onion yogurt dip, other times I just add a pinch of salt to some yogurt and leave it at that.
Serves 4 as a side
1 large head of cauliflower
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp cumin seeds
300ml natural yogurt
pinch of salt
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
small handful fresh mint, finely chopped
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6.
– Cut the cauliflower into florets and then break the larger florets into bitesized chunks.
– Place the florets in an oven dish and drizzle with the olive oil.
– Toss to coat.
– Sprinkle over the cumin seeds and a good grinding of salt and pepper.
– Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
– For the yogurt dip simply mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl.
– Serve with whatever you wish.
One response to “Roasted Cauliflower”
wow this is a great recipe variation for cauliflower, I love to try it. I usually saute this vegetable or sometimes with sauce.