Once again, I totally fail at writing up the posts for all the yummy things I’ve been cooking. I’m going to try to be more organised about this but we may have to wait for the new year and resolutions before I follow through with that plan!
For now let me introduce a variation on one of my favourite themes: pasta, cream, mushrooms and bacon! There is very little that can go wrong with these ingredients no matter what you do, but when you add delicious sausage meatballs and a warm blush of chilli to the mix it is the perfect meal for a cold autumn night.
4 of your favourite sausages
2-3 tbsp olive oil
4 rashers of bacon, chopped or pancetta
150g closed cup or baby mushrooms, quartered if large
1-2 small red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
200ml double cream
salt and pepper to taste
pasta to serve
– First remove the skins from your sausages and slice each sausage into 4, making little meatballs.
– Heat a few tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the meatballs and cook over a medium heat until browned all over.
– Add the bacon and the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms are just browned and the bacon is cooked through.
– Add the chilli and the cream and season to taste.
– Reduce to a low heat until the cream is heated through and just simmering.
– Simmer for 5 minutes until the cream thickens a little.
– Serve over pasta.