WordPress ate my whole post, I’ll come back and do an intro later, the important thing is the recipe!
400g minced lamb
40g bread crumbs
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
salt & pepper to taste
200ml natural yogurt
1 small red chilli, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
~8 leaves fresh mint
– In a meduim sized mixing bowl combine all of the ingredients and mix well uing your hands or a spatula so everything is well combined.
– Divide the mixture into 8 and shape each portion into a sausage and place on a chopping board while you shape the rest.
– Skewer each sausage with a bamboo skewer.
– Heat the grill or bbq to a medium high heat and cook the skewers for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through, until they are nicely browned.
– For the yogurt sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl with a good pinch of salt.
– Serve the kebabs with the yogurt sauce, lettuce, cabbage, onion, tomato, chilli sauce and either naan or pita bread, all the things you’d get with a takeaway kebab.