These biscuits are easy and so so delicious! Really, you need no other reccomendation to cook them. Do it now! For so simple an ingredient list they are absolutley delightful. They remind me or a biscuit we used to get at school at break time. Perfect with a glass of milk, I dare you to just eat one!
These come from Nigella’s HTBADG and I’ve yet to find a recipe in there that doesn’t work and that I don’t like. It really is as fabulous a book as everyone says. I was browsing the pages while I waited for one of my cakes to cook/cool etc. and I just so happened to have half a packet of butter left so I whipped up half a batch of these. I suppose I should be glad I didn’t make a whole batch because I’d have eaten them all myself but I’m a little sad I didn’t, fat be damned!
250g unsalted butter, softened
125g golden caster sugar
300g self raising flour
30g cocoa powder
– Heat the oven to gas mark 3, grease/line 2 baking sheets.
– Cream together the butter and the sugar until smooth and fluffy.
– Seive in the flour and cocoa.
– Mix until it comes together into a dough. (It will come together, just work it!)
– Pinch off walnut sized chunks and roll into balls.
– Place on a baking tray, well spaced as they will spread.
– Press down with a fork to give them the lines.
– Bake for 5 minutes then turn down to gas mark 2 and bake for a further 10-15 minutes. Bake until just firm. The biscuit should not be soft to the touch but if it’s rock hard you’ve gone too far!
– Place on a wire rack to cool.
– You will need to cook these in two batches unless you have a stupidly large oven so turn the oven back up and start again.
2 responses to “Easy Chocolate Biscuits”
thank you soo much been lookin for this recipe for ages,i lived off them as a teen and when my kids were little their primary school sold them and i used to by loads at the school fairs etc :O) now i can have a go at makin them myself,and get a milkman too thank you again
Kind of complicated but when you sort it all out they’re amazing – Made them at my childs party and everyone said there amazing! I even got a request for some at my sisters wedding! (Result!) Thank you so much!