1 large egg
100g ’00’ pasta flour
– On a clean worksurface make a well in the flour and crack the egg into the centre.
– Use your fingers to work the egg into the flour until you have a dough.
– Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is soft, supple and elastic.
– Leave the dough to rest for 20 minutes.
– Roll the dough out to a thickness of less than 1mm. It will swell when you cook it so make sure it is good and thin.
– Cut the dough into strips, you can use your rolling pin to keep the lines straight.
– Separate out the strands of pasta and lay on a tea towel.
– If you want to dry it for later use then it’s easiest to coil bundles of the pasta in nests until dry then store in an airtight box.
– Cook in boiling salted water for 6 minutes. Drain and serve as you wish.