1 small or 1/4 large onion, chopped
120g smoked salmon flakes
150g raw king prawns, thoroughly defrosted if frozen
4 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp dried or fresh, chopped parsley
tiny pinch cayenne pepper
300ml creme fraiche
cooked linguine for 4
– Gently fry your onion with a generous pinch of salt in a small pan in a little olive oil until soft.
– Heat some more oil in a frying or other pan.
– Add half the smoked salmon flakes to the onion. Stir until cooked.
– Add the prawns, lemon juice, parsley and cayenne to the second pan.
– Stir well until cooked. Turn down the heat and leave to simmer until most of the liquid is gone.
– Add the creme fraiche to the first pan with the salmon and onion. Heat through until piping hot.
– Use a stick blender to blend the salmon and creme fraiche until smooth.
– Put your cooked pasta in a large serving bowl.
– Scatter the prawns and the remaining half of the salmon flakes on top.
– Pour over the sauce.
– Toss together and serve. Alternativley plate up individual portions the same way.