This is one of the perenial favourites in our family. It was one of the first things I asked my mum for the recipe for when I moved out. It is simple, delicious, and also rather moreish! I’m not usually that into salads but I will very, very happliy eat an entire plate, piled high with this salad in the blink of an eye… and go back for seconds!
I am leaving the salad element up to you. At the very least lettuce, cucumber and tomatoes will suffice. I had lettuce, cucumber, red onion, yellow pepper, tomatoes and beetroot in mine but just go with what you like and what’s in the fridge! I like a lot of colours in my salad. I still keep to the Japanese idea of five colours for varied nutrition… and prettiness!
I would also note here that my serving sizes have shrunk. Where once I was cooking fo a family of four, now I am cooking for myself alone. I still haven’t mastered cooking for one, but cooking for two seems to work out ok! Therefore, most of my recipes from here on out will probably be for two. In most cases doubling the recipe back up to four will work fine and I will try to include a note if there is something that won’t easily double. Now, on to the recipe!
Serves 2 for a light meal, 1 if you are starving!
1 chicken breast, sliced
3 rashers bacon, chopped (or lardons if you have them)
1 tbsp tarragon
3 tbsp lemon juice (or the juice of one fresh lemon)
Salad of your choice
– Heat a splash of oil in a largeish frying pan.
– Add the chicken and stir about, cooking until just white.
– Add the bacon and stir through the chicken, cook for about a minute.
– Add the tarragon and lemon juice. Stir until well distributed across the dish.
– Continue to cook on a lower heat until most of the liquid has disappeared.
– Remove from the heat and add a few drops of lemon juice.
– Dress your salad.
– Tip the contents of the pan on top of the salad.
– Add a bit more salad dressing, toss and serve.
2 responses to “Lemon Chicken Salad”
That looks yummy!
I rarely make salads at home, but that might be because I eat salad for lunch almost every single day at work 😛
I like the idea of salads but mostly the practice eludes me. I’m just not that into them… except this one!