I love the flavours in this dish. You can’t beat cream cheese, garlic and tomatoes. In fact, I often make extra of the cheese filling to dollop over leftover pasta. It melts beautifully in the microwave and makes a brilliant sauce in its own right.
I don’t know why it has taken me so long to post this recipe as I’m sure I have made it several times before but here it finally is. I served it with gnocchi last night and the sauce in that recipe makes an excellent accompanyment whether you choose to serve it with gnocchi or pasta.
4 skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
5 sundried tomatoes in oil, drained, finely chopped
120g soft cheese
4 tbsp creme fraiche
4 salad tomatoes, sliced
– Heat the oven to gas mark 5.
– Use a sharp knife to split the chicken breasts along one side to make a pocket.
– Place the chicken breasts side by side in a baking dish.
– In a bowl mix together the garlic, sundried tomatoes, cheese and creme fraiche. Mix well.
– Spoon 1/4 of the cheese mixture into each pocket in the chicken. Poke it in well.
– Place one of the sliced tomatoes on top of each chicken breast and spray with a little oil.
– Cook for 30 minutes in the oven until the tomato is just starting to colour a little.
– Serve with whatever accompanyments you like, see Gnocchi for ideas.