Thisngs are looking good for my big surprise but I don’t want to count my chickens just yet! In the meantime I have more news and, finally a new recipe!
First in the news I have finally found myself a house to rent! I love living with my parents (and dog) but I’m really looking forward to making my own home and kitchen. I’m also slightly terrified, it’s a big step, but one that’s long overdue. It’ll be a busy few months I think but I’m going to do my best to keep posting regularly throughout any upheaval.
My dad has recently been diagnosed with diabetes so we’re trying to eat as healthily as possible. This recipe, in its original form, came from a diabetic recipe site. All I can say is that it’s very tasty!
4 rashers of lean smoked back bacon, sliced
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 red peppers, chopped
1x400g tin canelli beans, drained and rinsed
1x400g tin chopped tomatoes
3 tbsp tomato puree
1/4 pint chicken stock
3 tbsp marjoram
– Heat a large casserole or pan on the hob.
– Add the bacon and fry until just starting to crisp.
– Remove from the pan and set aside.
– Add the chicken breasts and cook for a few minutes on each side until browned.
– Remove and set aside.
– Add the onion, garlic and peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
– Add the beans, tomatoes, puree, stock and marjoram.
– Stir well to combine.
– Put the chicken and bacon back in the pan and cover with the rest of the ingredients.
– Simmer for 45 minutes.
– Serve with basmati rice and creme fraiche.