I’ve bought these as gifts before but when I saw a recipe for making them myself I couldn’t resist! So cheap, so easy, so fun! Stuff on a stick is great, I love almost any food that comes on a stick. Hot Chocolate, even better! You will need an icecube tray and some sticks to make these. I went out and bought sticks from a cookware shop but if I weren’t giving them as gifts I’d have just gone into Starbucks and nicked a handful of the stirry things. As for icecube trays the world is your oyster. Use whatever shape you like, the big rectangular ones are great because you get a perfect amount for a standard cup of chocolate.
225g chocolate (70% cocoa solids)
100g icing sugar
50g cocoa powder
tiny pinch salt
– Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of boiling water. Don’t let the water touch the bowl.
– Remove from the pan when it’s still got a few chunks in it and stir until they melt.
– Add the cocoa powder, icing sugar and salt and stir until combined. It should be very thick.
– Then pipe into your icecube tray or spoon very very carefully.
– Add the sticks and leave to cool.
– Turn out and package as you like.
– To use simply put in a mug of hot milk and stir!
– Will keep for a good 6 months or longer in an airtight container.
One response to “Hot Chocolate On A Stick”
Pingback: Christmas Sweets « Anna in the kitchen