We eat these a fair bit in our family and now I have proved that they make a decent party food. Not the most graceful of foods to eat I’ll admit but so long as your not too precious about it and just get stuck in it’s a great food!
Serves 4 (I doubled it for the party)
3 chicken breasts, sliced into chunks
1 large onion, diced
1 chilli, chopped
1 tbsp ground corriander
1 tbsp fresh corriander, chopped
4 tbsp lime juice
2 bell peppers, sliced into chunks
1 pack of tortilla wraps
– Put the chicken, onion, chilli, corriander and lime juice in a bowl and set aside to marinate for at least 1 hour, preferably longer.
– About 15-20 minutes before you want to eat heat a little oil in a very large frying pan (I used a paella pan here.)
– Add the marinated mixture, if a lot of liquid in the bottom of the bowl leave this out.
– Cook, stirring regularly until the chicken is cooked then add the peppers and the reserved juice.
– Keep cooking on a relatively high heat until the chicken just starts to char. (If using a strong chilli keep the extractor fan on as the chilli smoke can get to you!)
– Microwave your tortilla wraps as you need them for about 30 seconds (1minute for a whole pack).
– Make up the wraps as you like. Standard order is lettuce, fajita mix, salsa and creme fraiche then squeeze lime juice on top.
The best way to fold them is to place the filling along the centre but only go 2/3 along. Then fold up the remaining 1/3 over the filling and wrap the two sides over the top. Then eat! It makes a handy little pouch so you’re not dropping stuff all over yourself… well, if you’re careful!