At least I think that’s what the recipe called it. I kept the name but altered the recipe a fair bit. The idea of it was basically summery flavours in the depths of winter but these days that’s not so odd I guess! Who knows what you call it in the summer! It made a delicious dinner anyway and only took about 30 minutes to make. It even kept warm very well as dinner was delayed by another 30 minutes. I had everything ready by 8pm then kept the pasta covered with a tea towel in a warm oven and reheated the sauce and put it together when everyone was there.
4 chicken breasts either whole or in strips*
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
~200g baby plum tomatoes, halved
200g soft cheese
~400ml creme fraiche
1 tbsp grated hard cheese/parmesan
~6 fresh basil leaves, shredded
2 salad tomatoes, sliced
pasta to serve
– Heat a little oil in a large frying pan and cook the chicken until just browned.
– Get your pasta going.
– Push the chicken to one side and add the garlic, fry in the space for a minute then stir through the chicken.
– Add the halved tomatoes and cook for one minute.
– Add the soft cheese, creme fraiche, hard cheese and parmesan.
– Stir until combined. If it seems a little thick add a little water from the pasta.
– Grill the tomato slices until just starting to blacken in places.
– Serve on top of pasta garnishing with the sliced tomatoes.