This was the main course of our Halloween feast and thus called “Bat Wing Fillets with Poisonous Funghi”. It’s something of a stock recipe for me, I often make it with reduced fat creme fraiche, ordinary mushrooms and minus the brandy but this occasion needed somthing a little bit more special. It was going to be served with spinach gnocchi but that didn’t happen. It’s equally good with regular gnocchi or pasta.
3 chicken breasts cut into strips
250g chestnut mushrooms, sliced into quarters
125g oyster mushrooms, sliced
small handful dried porcini mushrooms soaked in 200ml water, finely chopped once soaked
splash of brandy
– Heat a little oil in a large pan then add the chicken and cook until just starting to brown.
– Add the chestnut mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stiring frequently.
– Add the oyster mushrooms and porcini and stir through. Cook for another 5 minutes until all of the mushrooms are cooked.
– Add the brandy and cook for another 5 minutes, stiring frequently.
– Add the cream and season. Cook until the cream is hot and simmer for 5 minutes.
– Serve hot.