I thought it would be as well to have this recipe here separately just as a reference if you are looking to make plain pancakes. Fill these with whatever you like, I’m very fond of mapel syrup and squirty cream myself or just good old fashioned lemon juice and sugar. Anything goes with pancakes!
125g plain flour
pinch of salt
– Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
– Add the egg and milk and beat until smooth and the consistency of single cream, you may have to add a bit more milk to achieve this.
– Leave to stand for at least 5 minutes, preferably 20.
– Heat a non stick frying pan with a little bit of butter greasing it.
– Add a small amount of the batter to the pan and swirl around until the bottom of the pan is evenly coated.
– Leave for about 1 minutes until the edges are cooked and curling then flip over and cook the other side.
– Put on a warm plate covered with a teatowel then repeat until you have no more batter.