Today I made blueberry muffins. I found I had a box of blueberries in the freezer and the recipe my mum gave me for muffins only makes six so a perfect quantity as I am home alone this week and so I will be the only one enjoying them. My mum makes stupendous chocolate muffins, she was famous for them in my halls in first year! As such it’s very firmly her department to provide muffins and so I’ve never tried this recipe before. I have to say that this recipe is really quick and simple. Less than 30 minutes I’d say. Just throw everything together and you’re done, no elbow grease required! I actually made 8 muffins as I didn’t know how much they would rise. I ended up with quite flat muffins so do take heed, you will only need six cases. Next time I will know better!
50g dark muscoavdo sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
40g butter, melted and cooled
150g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
– Heat the oven to gas mark 6 and prepare 6 holes of a muffin tin.
– Beat together the sugar, milk, egg and vanilla essence then add the butter and beat again.
– Sift the flour, baking podwer and salt into the mixture.
– Fold in gently.
– Add the blueberries and stir in.
– Divide the mixture evenly between the cases.
– Bake for 20-25 minutes. (Mine took 25)
– Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little in the tin then place on a wire rack to cool completely or serve warm.
*This was just the size of the box I had, I think that 100g would be fine if that was what you had but more than 150g would be far too many.