Mega baking session this morning as my sister went into hospital yesterday for 4 days and hates the food. I needed to cook up lots of things to take to her today to tempt her! She loves these mini quiche as they’re perfect to nibble on and much lighter than a regular quiche. I sometimes make them in a mini muffin tin and then they really puff up! I’ve also made them as starters in tartlet tins.
Makes 9-12 dependent on the size of your bun pan. But it can easily be increased to whatever yield you want.
125g shortcrust pastry (approx 1/4 of a pack)
3 spring onions, sliced
2 cm cheddar cheese (I just cut 2 large slices off the block) cut into small chunks
splash of milk
pinch of salt
– Heat to oven to gas mark 6.
– Roll out the pastry to a thickness of a pound coin and use a biscuit cutter to cut out rounds of pastry to fit your tin.
– Press each round lightly into the tin.
– Divide the spring onions and cheese between the pastry cases.
– Beat together the eggs, milk and salt.
– Pour the egg mix equally into each pastry case on topof the cheese and onions.
– Put the tray in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg is puffed up and just golden.
– Eat warm or cold.