Makes 4 portions
350g chestnut mushrooms
4 tbsp brandy
2 ml double cream
2 tsp corn flour dissolved in a splash of cold water
– Chop the mushrooms into quarters.
– Heat a splash of olive oil in a pan, then add the mushrooms with a pinch of salt.
– Stir until slightly browned and reduced then add the brandy.
– Simmer for about 5 minutes.
– Take off the heat and then add the cream and a bit of pepper and stir.
– Return to the heat and then bring to the boil. The cream should thicken. Add the corn flour in water and stir thoroughly for 2 minutes until the cream thickens further.
– Spoon into warm ramekin dishes and serve with warm bread rolls.