2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 tbsp olive oil
500g strong white flour
7g fast action yeast
2 tsp salt
325ml warm water
1 tbsp olive oil
6 baby plum tomatoes, halved
1 ball mozzerella, shredded
1 stalk rosemary
– Put the garlic and olive oil in a small bowl. Put to one side.
– Combine the flour, yeast, salt and water in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.
– Add the oil and continue to mix.
– Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
– Place in an oiled bowl an leave in a draft free warm place* for an hour or until doubled in size.
– Knock down the dough and turn out onto an oiled baking tray.
– Press out into a rough rectangle, cover and leave to rise for another 30 minutes
– Heat the oven to Gas Mark 7.
– Once the dough has risen again use your fingers to poke the indentations into it all over.
– Press tomato pieces into these holes and drizzle with the garlic andolive oil.
– Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven and poke the shredded mozzerella into the indentations too.
– Scatter with a pinch of sea salt and the rosemary.
– Return to the oven for 15 minutes.
– Remove from the oven and serve straight away.
* On a warm day I find that putting the bowl, covered in a teatowel, inside a basket in the conservatory is perfect.