I love this recipe as it’s a delicious way of getting liver into my diet. How something so gross looking makes something so delicious is beyond me! It’s also exceedingly cheap as presently a 227g tub of frozen chicken livers costs around 44p. Can’t argue with value like that!
Makes 4 ramekins
2 bacon rashers, chopped
225g chicken livers
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tbsp mixed herbs
generous pinch ground pepper
1 tbsp dry sherry
1 tbsp cream
– Put the bacon in a medium sized microwavable bowl, cover and microwave on full power for 1 minute.
– Add the livers, garlic, 100g of the butter, the herbs and the pepper. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes, stir and then cook for another 2 1/2 minutes.
– Add the sherry and the cream, blend either in a liquidiser or with a hand blender until smooth.
– Divide the mixture between 4 ramekins or other containers of your choice.
– Melt the remaining 50g of butter and pour on top or each serving of pate.
– Allow to cool completely then chill for at least 2 hours.
Serving suggestion: Goes very well with Easy Overnight White Bread.
3 responses to “Chicken Liver Pate Recipe”
Pingback: French Chicken « Anna in the kitchen
Pingback: Chicken Liver Pate Terrine « Anna in the kitchen
Pingback: Mushrooms In Garlic Butter « Anna in the kitchen